Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Birthday bits and such

Just showing some new (birthday) yarn.

Ginger got me this hand dyed 50/50 merino/silk at Article Pract. It's actually more of a plummy color but the camera was sucking at the moment. Yay thanks, Ginger!



This is some Socks that Rock in "Socktopus" and "Count Cluckula". I don't remember what the name is of the tied dyed mess looking one in the middle. It's from a company I'd never seen before. They are laying on a bed of Misti Baby Alpaca Chunky.


I don't really know what else to write about because I've just been watching too much TV while house-sitting. Some things I can tell you are:

- Most commercials are worse than my worst nightmares, especially ones advertising weight loss programs and ones with "cute" children and acoustic guitar music.

- Ray Johnson and Chuck Close are both incredible artists and there's some new channel called Ovation that showed films about them both.

- I quite like Morgan Freeman but I think I'd rather get oral surgery than watch Jack Nicholson play his predictable self in the new sappy movie "The Bucket List". I also hate that title.

- Tony Sinclair is a putz.


Holy shit I almost forgot! Someone nominated my Noro striped afghan for a Bobby! It's for the "most colorful project" category. If you'd like to vote for me go to http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/the-bobbys/73503/1-25#19 and click "agree". You will need to be logged in to Ravelry to do so.

No comments: