Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11

The fact that I haven't been posting on here with any regularity has been bugging me, but I haven't had a streaming internal monologue worth writing down. It has just been mostly snippets lately, which I forget soon after they come to me or I find scribbled on bits of paper in the bottom of my bag. A great deal of my time lately has been spent on a frustrating search for a room for rent in either Berkeley or Oakland. It's a really annoying thing to try to do from 140 miles away so I keep going back and forth between there and Kelseyville. I am so tired of sending out emails that all say different versions of the exact same thing to get responses from maybe one in seven. Every time I check my email I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

Some things that I've found enjoyable lately are:

My recent crochet project which is a gigantic (over 5' x 5' so far) granny square of a zillion colors. It's beautiful. I will post many photos when it's done (yeah , I know, I said that about my vacation too. pppppbbbbtht!)

Going to the library.

Going with my friend Scotty to quad rugby (a.k.a. murderball).

The farmer's market by the Ferry Building.

Crisp, foggy breezes.



Happy birthday Donovan Drummond! And Elias Welsh (I think) and Garrett Buss (tomorrow).

And congratulations Josh! I hope to meet little Sequoia Holly Boyer some day and that her tiny hat fits her still by the time she gets it.


My dear friend Kelly's beautiful wife Andrea died on July 5. She had inflammatory breast cancer. She was 37. I got to meet her on my recent visit to Philadelphia. She was warm and radiant and lovely and an incredible mother of six. I felt honored to be welcomed into her home, and I wish I could have spent more time with her. She and her family have a blog here.

No comments: