Thursday, August 2, 2007

Lace


The way this guy John summed up lace knitting was so well put that I'm not going bother to say all the same stuff about it. This is the Diamond Fantasy Scarf by Sivia Harding. I'm using Schaefer Anne. I have absolutely no clue how to photograph lace yet, so I'm experimenting. This pattern is really well written. Definitely worth the $7.50. There is nothing confusing in it. And I love that I only need one skein of the yarn I chose to do it in because I loathe dealing with ends of yarn, especially in a lace project.



This is a pattern I got from the book Romantic Style. (I know, any of you who know me are thinking "Romantic Style"? Yeah, right) I did this with Madil Kid Seta on size 10.5 US Clover bamboo needles that I sharpened. hee hee. (I had a spare pair). It seems like knitting "lace" on large needles is kind of cheating. I like this pattern regardless. I'm sure I will give it to my mom because she keeps saying it is her favorite thing I've knit so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! It looks organic, like plant cell walls or bubbles.