Friday, August 17, 2007

Bobby and color neurosis

Today is Robert Deniro's 64th birthday. Happy birthday Bobby! Here's strange shot of him with Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen. I guess it's a press shot from when they produced this stinking nugget back in 2002. I'm really glad I was completely unaware of it because I am a huge Queen fan.

It's also Sean Penn's birthday, Independence Day in Indonesia, and the day rastafarians celebrate the birth of Marcus Garvey, whom they consider a prophet.

This is my new favorite project. It is Noro Silk Garden in colors #84, #255, and #251. It's one of those where I can't wait to get home so I can see what happens next. I've only ripped out and redone two sections so far (if you don't count the fact that I started it 3 or 4 times). So yeah I get a little weird about the way certain colors look next to eachother. That's what I mean by color neurosis (or Norosis as the case may be). Unfortunately I dont have Jared a.k.a. brooklyn tweed (my inspiration for this project) to photograph it for me.

This project has had me thinking about ripping out the afghan in progress and redoing it in two row stripes. What a delicious assault of color that would be. I guess this makes me a "process knitter".

WTF?!? #5: Chevy Chase as "Fletch" being introduced as Eldridge Cleaver in "Fletch Lives". Definitely what I would call a made for TV movie.

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

He looks pretty damn good for 64.