Monday, July 30, 2007

I love Kureyon

On this day in 1729 Baltimore, Maryland was founded. This is a city I have never visited. It is also the setting of my new absolute favorite tv show Homicide: Life on the Street.Yeah, I know it's an old show but I just recently discovered it and have been savoring every episode on DVD from Netflix. I'm up to about the middle of season 4. Isn't technology great?

According to Wikipedia, a few other things of note took place on July 30:
1866 - New Orleans's Democratic government ordered police to raid an integrated GOP meeting, killing 40 people and injuring 150.
1954 - Elvis Presley makes his debut as a public performer.
1974 - Watergate Scandal: US President Richard M. Nixon releases subpoenaed White House recordings after being ordered to do so by the United States Supreme Court.
1975 - Jimmy Hoffa disappears from the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox restaurant in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit, at about 2:30 p.m. He is never seen or heard from again.
It's also the birthday of my good friend Jason Storm, and of Arnold Schwarzenneger, Rat Scabies, Kate Bush, Richard Linklater, and Alton Brown.
It's Father-in-law's Day. So say whatever to your FIL. If you have one.

Today I'll introduce you to some of my Noro Kureyon. Yes there is a Kureyon Club, and I am a member. Here is my afghan so far, which makes a nice little throw on it's own. I'm doing this on size 10 US addi turbos.

And here's part of the next section.


I think I'm going to rip out most if not all of it because I think this


looks heinous. Speaking of heinous, I tried to watch that movie "Perfume" last night. It stunk.

Neck-down raglan sweater alternating the Kureyon with the most neutral color I could find in Cascade Ecological Wool.

I'm using the pattern generator (with some modifications) at knitting fool. I'm hoping all these colors aren't going to look ridiculous and clown-like on a 37 year old woman (me). Any thoughts? honestly...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally love the colors of the sweater and especially the blanket. I love random bright color though, so I might be biased. I am learning that multi colored yarn is my fave, I can't wait to try mixing them, alternating, etc. I'll let you know how it goes. Peace and love.

KnitFloozy said...

i agree with you about the perfume movie. it was awful!!! you kureyon afghan looks wonderful!

Deborah said...

thanks for the tip on the noro club.

Loved the review of Perfume LOL