Thursday, July 26, 2007

color (mental) blocks

I'm making (another) felted bag. It's not my absolute favorite thing to knit, but I like it well enough. And I'm teaching a really basic class in this so I figured I should get myself midway into one at least for demonstration purposes.

I decided to use some scraps of cascade 220, which I have many colors of scattered around, and I'm making up the color combos as I go. While trying to branch out into throwing some lighter or brighter colors or neutrals (gerk!) into the mix I keep getting stumped. I've ripped out everything after those purple stripes at least three or four times. And this is just one side of the bag! Sometimes I think about asking someone else to pick yarn balls out at random and hand them to me when it's time to switch colors. Maybe I'm worrying too much.


WTF?!? #2: I can hear the (ktvu) TV news from the other room. They're saying that in the last year in California, 33 people (babies and children I assume) have died from being left unattended in parked cars. 33 people! They're actually advising viewers to put their purse or wallet in the back seat of their car next to their baby to help them remember to take the baby out!



I finally finished this book and I wish I hadn't. It was so good.


I started this one last night because this web page, Things My Girlfriend and I have Argued About, written by the same guy (Mil Millington), is one of the funniest things I have EVER read. Seriously.

No comments: