Friday, July 27, 2007

socks in progress

and gratuitous tattoo* shot.

I started these with this Claudia a while back.

They are cuff-down (obviously) but as you can see I decided that I didn't like the 1x1 rib on the first one, so I removed it and picked up a 2x2 rib in it's place and bound off.

I am not by any means a sock freak. I like it ok, but I like too much other stuff also. (And I actually poked a hole into the tip of my left index finger with a metal knit picks US #1 DPN today. Not a bloody hole, but it is a little tender.) If your looking for "the musings of an obsessive sock knitter" you'll have to elsewhere. Like in about 100,00 other places. Or join the socknitters yahoo group. You'll be overwhelmed, to say the least.

WTF?!? #3: Is it my imagination or is there a medication for "restless leg syndrome" that may cause intense sexual and/or gambling urges?

* If you're curious about the tattoos, the carp was done in 1995 by Civ at Lotus Tattoo in Sayville, NY. The dots were done by Dan Thome in 1991 or '92. Maybe someday, if I can round them up, I'll post some pictures of tattoos that I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oohh kinda new to this...Bethlehem PA calling. A sock related message (+ 2 MB of images) awaits you in e-mail which I gather I could have posted here. Live and learn.