Sunday, July 15, 2007

deer hoof, praying mantis, and stone crab

I guess a deer got killed by either a mountain lion or some coyotes on our property the other night. After the swarm of about 20 large vultures had their fun there was very little left. Just enough to keep Ace happy. We keep finding these on the lawn.




For some reason I don't find behooved doggy toys nearly as disturbing as this harmless guy hanging out on the wall out back, looking just like a green bean with legs.




I almost forgot the reason I came here today. This is, after all a knitting blog.


clapotis

My first clapotis. Pictured here in its 3rd and last stage of blocking. Completed in June. I used one skein of some Malabrigo 50% merino, 50% silk that I got at Imagiknit. They said they were the only retailer that had it in stock, so I couldn't resist. The name of the colorway was scribbled illegibly on the tag but I think it said "stone crab". The skein had about 310 yards so I did the pattern in half the original size. I loved working with this fiber. Definitely worth the investment. It's a shame I haven't mastered the art of photographing, or more importantly, lighting these things, because the colors look so much more beautiful than this in actuality. I got alot of oohs and ahs from my parents, thinking I'm probably the most talented knitter in the world. hee hee.

No comments: