Wednesday, October 24, 2007

color (mental) blocks pt. 2 and lots of pictures

I got to a temporary sputtering stop midway through segment #4 of the Noro afghan because of some color issues. I am not sure what to do next. This is what I've got so far:

I have these beautiful ones that I was going to save for segment #5:

These are just barfy:

And these are so muted or neutral I might save them for a different project:

In the mean time I decided to do some baby stuff. This green stripey deal is for the store where I work. We had some scraps that look nice together. My plan was a hat and mittens set. It was going great until I got to the thumb and remembered why I haven't made gloves in a long time - the separations for the small digits are a pain in the ass. I doesn't help that I'm not using a pattern. I think the little dude's gonna have to get frogged. Oh well.

I love this one though, I just need another skein of the yarn and it'll be done in a day. I have an adult sized version of this that's been hibernating in my closet for about a year, but I try not to think about it.

These small hurdles have steered me back to my Shetland Triangle, which is looking great.

I really should be outside. We have had such incredible weather here - perfectly warm and still with the beautiful October light and the changing colors of autumn. This what it looks like right outside my bedroom door. Along with this view I get the sound of the creek rushing again from the rain we finally got last week. Too bad I can't post that.

And I love standing on this little path right under the apricot tree. All the yellow feels like it's beaming up at my face..

Perfect light to get a long overdue decent picture of the Clapotis.

Hey captain! Here's another picture of Roxie!

No comments: