Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fair

Here's the bunch of pictures I promised. None of them are of my finished knit items. I went to the county fair in Lakeport today. I like to go there to eat junk food, to see the animals, and to look at the "home arts". It is not my favorite place for people-watching. This is what 6 dollars' worth of curly fries looks like.



It was hard to get good pictures of most of the animals. They refused to look directly at me once I had the camera out. Except for this scary guy, who apparently is my neighbor and I didn't even know it. I don't even know what kind of animal he is. Four horns?



Here's a sort of OK shot of a miniature burro that I thought was very cute.



I was excited to see that a really nice person that I took a spinning class with got a blue ribbon for this felted (fulled?) bag she did with her hand-spun. Congratulations Chris Love!



And of course, the cake that looks like a litter box. mmmm.



And this Roy Rules! digital short is what had me giggling to myself today.

P.S. Okay this is funny: I just told Dees that I was about to log out (yes, as in get off the internet, turn off the computer), and he asked me if that meant that I was about to take a shit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roy rules, ummm, OK. But really who would eat a cake that looks like a litter box? I saw the 4 horned goat at the fair too, plus a Zdonk, a dub and tons of other cow like creatures that I have never seen. Plus they had the smallest ass and the largest pig. What will they think of next. I missed reading your blog, keep up the great work, peace and love.

Unknown said...

The sheep is a Jacob, one of the oldest, and rarest, sheep breeds. My Mom owns the current Top Ram for the US, hop over to TheWoolleyFarm.Wordpress.com and you can see lots of Jacobs (and other assorted farm life :)