Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pictures I promised

Blocking is real pain in the ass without the ideal surface, but so worth it. These are only partially done, but see how much better they look?


ooooh...


And the sweater is finally done


I actually hemmed it! I'm excited about this sweater cause I just made it up as I went (no pattern - just a basic formula) And I figured out how to do the hem part. I ripped out and redid so many sections of this thing because of dissatisfaction with certain colors next to eachother. A couple of areas still bother me but I think I can live it. Now any of you who are insisting that I don't look like a rainbow clown in it better not be lying...


Today's project was this tiny pair of booties for some friends who are expecting in October. I made up this pattern as I went too!


Here's my cast on for Muir. I must be nuts. It'll probably take me 3 years. This silk (Schaefer Andrea) is like thread! But I've been trying to figure out what to do with it for like 8 months now.


So our dog Ace got into something pretty serious this morning. We're not quite sure what exactly, but it left him looking pretty gruesome. The vet says it's a bite because of the multiple punctures and the location - below the neck between the shoulderblades. It had to be a carnivorous animal I presume. Either another (really large) dog or a coyote. We figure if it were a big cat he'd be dead. I'd post a picture but it's pretty horrifying. Instead here's some pictures of our grapes.

cabernet

and the yummy for eating kind


Happy Birthday Tracy Quick!

No comments: