Friday, September 21, 2007

More Noro love and cute baby

I almost forgot to show this thing all done. It's one of my favorite FO's next to one of my favorite things at our house - the engraving Tom did of his and my moms' names on the picnic table he built. I think this shot also kind of captures the light of the beautiful early autumn we're having.

While we're on the subject of striping with Noro, here is a section of my Kureyon afghan in it's new form, in the crotch of this lovely mossy walnut tree. Yes I ripped out the heinous section, and yes, I will rip out the rest to use it for parts! Further confirmation that I am in fact a "process knitter".


Somewhere in Paris is a baby named Sacha, my friend's nephew. I love seeing pictures of him because he looks healthy and robust now, and he's also incredibly cute. This picture is actually one of the few I've seen where he isn't smiling. Usually he has visible dimples, which I am a huge sucker for. At birth he was quite unstable so it is a joyous relief to see him like this. Sacha now has the sweater I made for him. The intarsia part of it was treacherous, but definitely worth the trouble. It fits!


Last night I watched the movie American Splendor, about Harvey Pekar. Paul Giamatti played him in the movie but Pekar also appeared in it as himself. I loved it. It made me realize that I could have had someone else illustrating this running comic strip I've had going in my head, instead of just figuring it couldn't be done.

Ace update: his stitches are healing well. He's such a good boy. We still don't know what bit him, but my bets are on one of the many coyotes I've heard partying on our property in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

Thanks for your comment! The colorway is Rolling Stone by Socks that Rock! Love your pics!! Great to meet ya!!

Scarlett said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, i am insane and proud of it.

Your jewelry is awesome!