Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hemlock Ring Blanket


I'm blown away by how huge this Knit along has gotten. There were like 39 members or something when I joined it and there are now 600 members! It hasn't been two weeks even. So the knitting for this is done and I'm still scoping out the appropriate surface to block it on. The body was quick, but the bind off row took FOREVER! I've got to figure out the backwards knitting thing so I don't have to turn my work in situations like these. Then maybe I'll try entrelac again.


Octopus attack!

Ok this is weird. A woman came in to the store where I work about a month ago and told me (imagine in a really thick Hindi accent) "You really are very organic looking". She said it to me two or three times. She was really friendly and smiling really big when she said it, and I decided to take it as compliment. I figured that what she meant was that I'm not coated in make up, I don't have acrylic fingernails, a push-up bra, frosted hair, and I don't smell like I've been hosed down with "green tea", unlike a large percentage of the female population here in Kelseyville. That's good, that's fine, I thought. But then today these 2 weird guys came in and one told the other to "go talk to the hippy girl" referring to ME! WHAT? I am confused by this.

Oh, speaking of green tea, have you seen this? It's one of my favorites. Ooh wee T-Shane!


WTF?!? #7: I thought the days were over of being tormented by that Romantics song "What I like About You". Remember last year, hearing it during trailers for dumb movies like Benchwarmers (and I believe some computer animated movie also) and various commercials for snack foods and travel services and whatever else? Am I crazy? I swear I thought it was never going to stop. And I was right! I JUST HEARD IT AGAIN ON A FUCKING E-SURANCE COMMERCIAL! AAAUUUUUGGH!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks great, hilarious videos. I'm still trying to figure out where to block mine also.
Happy knitting!

Peggy said...

People can be soooooooo strange. :) Me included probably. I love your Hemlock. I just ordered my yarn.

Faith said...

How scary! My goodness- that blanket is going to be incredible.