Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ack

Get this. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I started a group on Ravelry called Stripe Makers. There hasn't been a great deal of activity in the forums, maybe because I haven't started any interesting threads, and I'm not "perky". Whatever. Anyway, a strange thing happened there today. Someone started a new topic on the board with this post (keep in mind the theme of this group is stripe making):


"So I wanna know...what are your top ten, stand-by all-time slumber party movies? On my top ten: Breakfast Club (Duh), Princess Bride (double duh), Can't Buy Me Love (one of the all time best 80's movies!), Pretty in Pink (don't you just loooooove Ducky?), 10 Things I Hate About You, Anything Eddie Izzard, Hedwig and the Angey Inch, Mean Girls (LOOOOVE Tina Fey), Breakfast at Tiffany's, How to Marry a Millionaire (or anything Marilyn for that matter), and a guilty pleasure filck (which you are so totally allowed) is Xanadu. Anyone ever head of it? Double slumber party pionts if you have!"


Are you fucking kidding me? Where am I? This is disturbing to me for a number of reasons. I won't even start on my hatred for most things 80's (metal being an exeption). I feel like someone left a steaming turd in my mailbox. And the lame thing is I'm just going to let it go because people are loving it. I will keep my nasty sarcasm to myself. I wouldn't care if I weren't the group moderator. I guess it also wouldn't bug me nearly as much if the poster in question were a member of the group, but she is a guest! I have no idea what posessed her, but if I were a different kind of person (paranoid) I'd think she did it specifically to fuck with me. Fortunately I am not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a moderator, can you "whoosh" that thread into some group like Super-Perky Knitters Lovin' 80s Movies"? You could ask some other moderators how they discourage off-topic posting. If all else fails, you might feel better if you go in and and mark every comment in that thread "disagree." :) Good luck!

Courtney said...

That is hilarious1 I love that your labels for your blog post are 'HATE, RAVELRY'. My stuping work blocks Ravelry and Flickr, so my bloggin' is somewhat limited to weekends and evenings when I'm usually too busy or tired.
That is seriously wierd though..some people must really have a lot of free time on their hands.