Friday, November 30, 2007

Things I learned recently.

- Nallbinding is something that looks like knitting at first glance, but is actually done with yarn threaded into a needle and it is pulled all the way through each stitch.
- The first computers were jacquard weaving looms.
- When the nation's economy is in the toilet (by that I mean everyone's broke), the lipstick business does really well.
- It is unadvisable to use powdered sugar to sweeten one's tea (or coffee) because it has corn starch in it.
- Our dog Ace panics anytime we park and sit (like at the bank or at PG&E) anywhere on Forbes Street in Lakeport. Supposedly this was where animal control had picked him up and he'd been living on the street in this area for some months.
- That NaBloPoMo thing was a silly idea. After three weeks I hated it. Could you tell?


Happy birthday Billy Anderson!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

Interesting - I knew powdered sugar didn't taste good in my coffee, but I didn't know why!